In fall 2016, BTE-Santa Ana launched with 50 students. During the three-year program students participated in a number of activities, including:
- Academic tutoring: Undergraduate students provided Saturday and after school structured tutoring sessions.
- Study groups: Saturday sessions also included small group study organized by subject area.
- Academic advising: Supported students in developing individual academic plans and updated monthly, complemented by personal interest inventories.
- Higher education workshops: Sessions taught students about academic requirements, choosing a major, and skills needed to be successful in college.
- Symposia series and field trips, tours and demonstrations: Students learned about college and careers through demonstrations from CSS employees, as well as college tours.
- Employability workshops and mentoring and career coaching: Students learned about career skills such as communication, responsibility and stress management, as well as one-on-one and group coaching from CSS employees and UCI undergraduates.