In September 2013, Johnson & Johnson in partnership with Fondazione Johnson & Johnson and L’Altra Napoli Onlus (“The Other Naples”) launched the BTE-Naples, Italy program for 50 students attending the Istituto Statale D'Istruzione Superiore Caracciolo - I. D'este or Liceo Scientifico Statale Giuseppe Mercalli. During the three-year program, BTE students participated in a variety of academic enrichment, career readiness and exploration, and higher education exploration and preparation opportunities, including:
- Applied Learning Projects - annual, team-based projects focused on specific health issues.
- Interpersonal Skills Workshops. "Theater training" built student understanding of how interpersonal relationships and expressive / communication skills are essential for cohesive, efficient and creative working groups.
- Summer Camp (June 2014). A three-night team building and networking opportunity at Dynamo Camp (a recreational camp for sick children, part of the Hole in the Wall camp Network created by Paul Newman).
- University Tours, including visits to theFaculty of Medicine of the Second University of Naples.
- Career Exploration - workshops on four specific medical and paramedical professions.
- Red Cross First Aid Course and Certification.
- Company Tours of Johnson & Johnson local operating company facilities in Italy, hospitals or medical centers.