BTE Around the World
Grant Period: 2018-2022
Welcome to our Community
In August 2019, Johnson & Johnson with Lund University (campus Helsingborg) and Olympiaskolan, launched a Bridge to Employment (BTE) program in Helsingborg, Sweden.
Targeting 45 Year 1 students enrolled at Olympiaskolan and enrolled in the Natural Science program area in school year 2019-2020, the three-year program will provide a variety of academic enrichment, career exploration, and higher education preparation opportunities in order to increase in the number of young people completing higher education and pursuing STEM careers. Specific program activities and support will be implemented throughout each program year to ensure students meet the designed yearly short-term outcomes.
Key activities will include:
• Motivational Guest Speakers. BTE will provide opportunities for motivational guest speakers to speak to students.
• Career Readiness Workshops. Students will participate in a 90-minute career readiness workshop.
• Higher Education Exposure. Students will attend lectures and fairs to gain awareness of higher education opportunities.
• Career Exploration Activities. Students will visit The Science Center, attend site visits, and participate in job shadowing.
• Student Leadership. Students will participate in peer learning groups and work on leadership skills through volunteer opportunities.
• Cultural Awareness. Lund University employees will facilitate a 2-hour cultural awareness workshop.
• Health Literacy Projects. Students will attend a Hospital tour and have an opportunity to shadow positions in Healthcare.
• Higher Education & Career Plan. Students will tour Universities, participate in career planning, and complete career aptitude test.
• Diploma Project Support. Lund University students and researcher will provide educational and career support to BTE students.
By June 2022, the BTE- Helsingborg, Sweden program anticipates achieving the following outcomes:
- 100% of BTE graduates are eligible for higher education.
- 100% of BTE graduates have a higher education and career plan.
- 100% of BTE graduates exhibit key work readiness skills.