BTE Around the World
Bound Brook, New Jersey, USA (2)
Grant Period: 2016 – 2020
Welcome to our Community
In September 2017, Janssen, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson with Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) and Bound Brook High School (BBHS) launched a Bridge to Employment (BTE) program in Bound Brook, NJ.
The three-year program will target 40 sophomore high school students (in school year 2017-2018) to ensure that upon graduation they are college and career ready. Year 1 activities include:
- Career Coaching—Janssen employees will coach groups of 3-4 students, introducing them to a wide variety of work options and helping them determine which fields they would like to pursue.
- Wednesday Study Halls—Weekly, during students’ study hall periods, BTE members will meet with students and lead them through special activities or tutoring.
- Site Visits—students will visit Janssen facilities, nursing schools, and other places that will introduce them to a range of medical careers and other STEM topics.
- Work Readiness Workshops—students will attend sessions involving team building, project development, motivation, finance, marketing, and use of social media, along with creating and presenting team and individual projects.
BTE-Bound Brook partners anticipate the following outcomes by June 2020:
- 80% of BTE students will have increased their overall GPA from baseline.
- 90% of BTE students graduate will with their 4-year cohort.
- 85% of BTE graduates will be college-ready and prepared for college-level courses, passing the ACCUPLACER.
- 60% of BTE graduates will be considering a technical or non-technical career path at a healthcare organization.
- 80% of BTE graduates will exhibit core work readiness skills.
- 85% of BTE graduates will attend higher education.
- 100% of BTE graduates will attain a minimum of two college-credits.
- 100% of BTE graduates will volunteer and serve their community.