About the Global Youth Leadership Council (YLC)
Johnson & Johnson and FHI 360 seek Bridge to Employment (BTE) students to participate in the 2020 Global Youth Leadership Council (YLC). The ten-member YLC gives youth a platform to voice their opinions and shape the future of the global BTE program. YLC members will share their experiences and make recommendations to advance BTE student learning, engagement, and retention. YLC members must commit to:
• A one-year term of service;
• Participate in monthly, virtual meetings (1-hour per month);
• Engage with the YLC membership via online forums, Google Handout, WhatsApp, or other social media outlets (approximately 1-hour per month);
• Contribute to key BTE ventures, such as a youth-focused BTE social media campaign, creating student activities, building alumni networks, refreshing the website, or public speaking engagements.
By joining the YLC, members will develop new skills, obtain a leadership credential, and build strong and lasting friendships around the globe. Successful applicants are:
• Knowledgeable of the local BTE program
• Eager to share with and learn from their BTE peers from around the globe
• Interested in exploring different cultures
• Enthusiastic and dependable
• Creative and willing to share their opinions
• Intent on making a difference
Tenative Monthly Meeting Schedule
* Dates may change to align with local BTE/school schedules and ensure optimum participation of YLC members; meeting times will be established and based on the time zones/locations of the YLC membership. In addition to the monthly meetings, YLC members are expected to participate in online forums and social media outlets (approximately 1-hour per month).
• November 18, 2019
• December 9, 2019
• January 13, 2020
• February 10, 2020
• March 9, 2020
• April 13, 2020
• May 11, 2020
• June 8, 2020
• July 13, 2020
• August 10, 2020
• September 7, 2020
• October 12, 2020
YLC members who participate in ten or more monthly meetings will receive a $100 Visa gift card from FHI 360 at the end of the term of service.
FHI 360 may also select YLC members who demonstrate outstanding leadership, innovation, active participation, and significant growth during the term of service to attend the annual Alliance Building and Training Session (ABTS) in 2020.
All BTE students are invited to apply. Interested applicants should:
1. Complete the Following Application Questions. Complete all required information, including responses to the short answer questions. Please be sure to sign electronically and include a parent/guardian signature.
2. Upload a Resume/CV.
3. Ask a Professional Reference to Complete the Online Recommendation Form. A recommendation form must be completed from an individual that can assess students’ skills and abilities (BTE site coordinator, teacher, advisor, supervisor, or other professional). To submit online, professional references must visit: https://www.bridge2employment.org/bte-forms/2020ylcrecform/
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2019 BY 5:00 PM EST. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.