BTE Around the World
Grant Period: 2020-2024
Welcome to our Community
Johnson & Johnson has expanded its BTE initiatives in Asia. FHI 360 is partnering with Johnson & Johnson, Trybe, and Jurongville Secondary School to implement a BTE program in Singapore. Johnson & Johnson kicked off the program in March 2021.
Youth in Singapore are faced with no lack of stress – to live up to expectations, whether their own or from others or from relationships they have or from their journey in education. The BTE program in Singapore presents a good opportunity to meet, get to know the youth, and potentially address these needs.
The BTE Singapore program will focus on:
- Increasing the number of students enrolling in higher education
- Increasing the number of students pursuing a career in Science Technology, Engineering,
Mathematics, Manufacturing, or Design (STEM2D) sectors.
By the end of the program (December 2023), BTE partners expect to achieve the following outcomes:
- 50% of BTE students apply for Early Admission Exercise (EAE) for STEM2D related courses in higher education.
- 100% of BTE students graduate from Jurongville Secondary School.
- 100% of BTE graduates are accepted into higher learning.
- 60% of BTE graduates are accepted into STEM subjects in higher learning.
- 60% of BTE graduates plan to pursue a STEM2D career.
- 90% of BTE graduates gain essential career skills.