BTE Around the World
Grant Period: 2019-2023
Welcome to our Community
Johnson & Johnson has extended its BTE initiatives in Latin and South America. FHI 360 has worked with Johnson & Johnson, Colegio de Bachilleres del Estado de Puebla (COBAEP 18), and Servicios a la Juventud, A.C. (SERAJ) to collaboratively design and launch the program with students back in September 2020. The three-year program currently seeks to increase the number of youth enrolling in higher education and increase the number of youth pursuing careers in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing, and Design (STEM2D) disciplines.
The partners will provide a variety of academic enrichment, career exploration and readiness, higher education exploration & preparation, and community engagement and leadership opportunities and activities including:
- Academic Enrichment Readiness– tutoring; examination preparation; college/career guidance
- Career Exploration and Readiness– career assessment; company tours/job shadowing; career readiness workshops; career coaching, etc.
- Higher Education Awareness & Preparation- application support; college readiness workshops
- Community Engagement & Leadership– team building; community service; parent engagement; celebration events etc.
By the end of the program (July 2023), BTE partners expect to achieve the following outcomes:
- 90% of BTE students graduate from secondary school.
- 100% of BTE graduates apply to at least one institution of higher education
- 70% of BTE graduates who applied to an institution of higher education are accepted
- 40% of BTE graduates choose a major in the STEM2D or health sectors
- 100% of BTE graduates exhibit work readiness skills