BTE Around the World
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Grant Period: 2017 - 2021
Welcome to our Community
Connect with us and our site!
In September 2018, Johnson & Johnson UK, Johnson & Johnson Medical, MyKindaFuture, and Easthampstead Park Community School launched BTE-Bracknell. The program enrolled 58 Year 10 students enrolled at Easthampstead Park Community School in school year 2017-2018. Throughout the three-year program, the partners will provide a variety of academic enrichment, career exploration, and higher education preparation opportunities, including:
- Continuing Professional Development for Teachers: Tours and networking opportunities with Johnson & Johnson employees aimed at improving teachers’ knowledge of the STEM sector and how it can be applied / integrated into the secondary school curriculum.
- Academic Support: Revision and subject-specific support and tutoring for students.
- Experiential Sessions: Hands-on experiments and demonstrations of products or technology to inspire students.
- Career Fairs and Tours: Exposure to a variety of STEM and health-related organizations.
- Guest Lectures: Experts will share their own experience or expertise on inspirational topics.
- Employability Workshops: Skill-building workshops on key career-readiness topics, including: career planning, interviewing, working as a team, communicating, and making presentations.
- University / Apprenticeship Talks: Exposure to current students enrolled at various Universities or in an apprenticeship to network, ask questions, and gain inspiration.
By the end of the program (May 2021), BTE partners expect the following outcomes:
- 75% of BTE graduates applied to higher education or an apprenticeship.
- 33% of BTE graduates who are pursuing higher education or an apprenticeship chose a STEM course of study.
- At least a third of female BTE graduates elect STEM courses of study.
- 100% of BTE graduates identified a specific career, career pathway, and/or career sector of interest.
- At least 75% of BTE graduates demonstrate core employability skills (e.g. Communication Skills, Team Work, Higher Order Thinking Skills, Positive Self Concept, Leadership and Social Skills).