September 14, 2021
Youth Leadership Council Applications Open
Apply Now to Join BTE’s Youth Leadership Council!
Johnson & Johnson and FHI 360 seek active Bridge to Employment (BTE) students to participate on the 2021-2022 global Youth Leadership Council (YLC). The YLC gives youth a platform to voice their opinions and shape the future of the global BTE program. YLC members will share their experiences and make recommendations to advance BTE student learning, engagement, and retention. Selected council members will meet virtually once a month and help develop a vision for enhancing future BTE program. The 2021-2022 YLC will launch in November 2021.
The Youth Leadership Council provides opportunities to:
- Build your leadership and professional networking skills
- Gain leadership credentials
- Connect with current BTE students and alumni from around the world
- Explore different cultures
- Have a voice in the global BTE Program
- Network with Johnson & Johnson leaders and experts
- Have Fun!
Each year of the YLC is designed differently, largely in part because council members share their voice and set expectations and goals for the program as a whole. Council members can have an opportunity to engage in the following activities or initiate others that come to mind:
- Work on a social media campaign that focuses on a particular youth issue
- Create newsletters or other publications
- Create student activities
- Contribute to the BTE website
- Participate in public speaking engagements
- Participate in professional development opportunities
Your voice in BTE is important. If you’re interested in participating in the 2021-2022 YLC, simply complete a brief online application. All applicants are asked to identify an individual that can assess their skills and abilities (BTE site coordinator, teacher, advisor, supervisor, or other professional). Recommenders should submit their online recommendation using the following LINK. A complete YLC application consists of the student online application along with one online recommendation.
Applications deadline extended: Apply by Monday, November 15, 2021.