Reinforcing SAT Test Prep
Looking for a fun and interactive way to help your students prepare for the SAT exam? Consider using the SAT Bowl game with participants looking to reinforce SAT math and critical reading concepts.
BTE Site Coordinators
- SAT Bowl PowerPoint Presentation
- Small slips of paper
- Make or purchase one paddle per team.
- Ensure all equipment needs for PowerPoint (PPT) presentation (i.e. projector).
- For the “Pass or Play” slides, simply prepare small pieces of paper with +3, +2, +1, -1, -2, or -3 on them. Fold them up and place them in a small bowl or cup.
- Scroll thru the PPT presentation and look for the Bonus Question and Challenge slides; personalize them to your liking.
- Break students up into teams (or have them choose).
- Using the “SAT Bowl” PowerPoint presentation (slide 2), review the “How to Play” instructions with all students.
- Call one person up from each team and provide them with a paddle.
- Display the first SAT Bowl question (slide 3). First student to raise their paddle should be called upon. First team to provide the correct answer gets 1 point.
- Continue for all slides. You will note there are Bonus Question and Challenge slides. Feel free to customize and have fun!
- At the conclusion of the game, the team with the most points wins.