BTE Around the World
Grant Period: 2017 - 2020
Welcome to our Community
Above: A video celebrating BTE-Yokneam’s first year!
Biosense Webster in partnership with Friends of Israel Sci-Tech Schools, Inc., ORT Israel ORT ALON Yoqneam High School, Max Stern Yezreel Valley College, and Technion launched a Bridge to Employment (BTE) program in Yokneam, Israel in September 2017.
Working with approximately 40 Grade 10 students attending ORT ALON Yoqneam High School with a 1) designated Social Economic Status; 2) 3 pt. or 4 pt. in English; and 3) a 3 pt., 4 pt. on probation, or 4 pt. in Mathematics, the BTE-Yokneam, Israel program offerred a variety of opportunities, including: weekly academic tutoring, monthly advising and counseling, teacher professional development and the implementation of the “You Touched My Heart” and “i-STEAM” curricula, workshops & lectures, higher education (“Academy”) exposure & readiness, career awareness actives, and community engagement events.
By June 2020, the BTE-Yokneam, Israel program achieved the following:
- 92.5% of BTE students completed the three-year BTE program.
- 100% of BTE graduates achieved a full graduation matric report.
- 100% of BTE graduates improved their grades.
- 100% of BTE graduates articulate a meaningful educational, military service, and career plan.
- 100% of BTE graduates join the IDF.
- 100% of BTE graduates were a contributing force in the community,