BTE Around the World
Mexico City, Mexico
Grant Period: 2017 - 2020
Welcome to our Community
Connect with us and our site!
In February 2018, Johnson & Johnson Mexico, the Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, and Colegio de Bachilleres launched a BTE program for 60 youth (tenth graders in school year 2017-2018) in Mexico City, Mexico. Throughout the three-year program, the partners will provide a variety of academic enrichment, career exploration, and higher education preparation opportunities, including:
- Academic Support from the Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana and Colegio de Bachilleres—tutoring and two extra-curricular projects a year.
- Higher Education Awareness—two vists to higher education institutes per year, including one visit to a science laboratory.
- Career Awareness—Annual visits to J&J facilities and public institutions, career talks, and job shadows.
- Career Coaching & Life Planning—Career talks and guided life planning.
By the end of the program (June 2020), BTE-Mexico City expects the following outcomes:
- 90% of BTE students graduate from high school.
- 90% of BTE graduates apply to at least one institution of higher education.
- 50% of BTE graduates who applied to an institution of higher education, are accepted and plan to attend.
- 50% of BTE students graduates chose a major within the health and STEM sectors